Why wool batting?
Wool batting is the perfect fiber for your comfort. Used in mattresses, pillows, pads, comforters, upholstery and many other products wool batting has amazing qualities.
Did you know?
- Wool batting keeps you cool when it’s hot and warm when it’s cold. How? Wool breathes. It draws humidity away from you in warm weather instead of trapping it against your body as synthetics can. In cold weather wool is the excellent insulator we all know!
- Wool batting has NO fire retardants. It doesn’t need them. Wool is composed of natural protein and resists burning in flame tests.
- Wool batting provides excellent even support for your body. Wool batting is combed (in a process called carding) to provide uniform support and wool fibers
resist flexing repeatedly for many years.
- Wool bedding last a very long time. When properly cared for wool can last many decades and will not breakdown over time unlike some synthetic fibers that can break down and create dust. http://www.telegraph.co.uk/finance/property/green/9695896/Eco-living-The-mattresses-that-last-50-years.html
- Wool batting is a natural and renewable product. Wool comes from sheep, who must be shorn regularly to be healthy (otherwise it keeps going longer like people hair).
- Cozy Up wool batting is local. It comes from Northeastern farms that use best management practices such as Kyle Farm in Avon, NY who graze their sheep sustainably on Genesee Land Conservancy lands (link). Cozy Up batting is manufactured here in the northeast as well.
- Wool batting is naturally biodegradable and recyclable. You can compost wool with an appropriate mix of other materials or it can be recycled to make more wool batting. How do you beat that?